20 April 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Grüße!

It is product review time again! I know it has been a while since I have done this, but I have been super busy and relying on my old favorites in terms of makeup and various other beauty products. However, I have been trying out some gel eye liner.  To be specific, I have been using Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. So, without further ado, let us get on with the product review!

So, you may be asking what is so great about a gel liner. Well, a gel liner is sort of that in between a pencil and a liquid in terms of texture and consistency. Some of the other gel eyeliners that I have used for costuming and various other projects have a slightly oily texture to them. Maybelline’s does not! In fact the formula is completely oil-free! This means that you do not have to worry about it falling or smudging for about 24 hours. Have I tried to wear it for 24 hours? Yes, for the purpose of this product review I did. I usually do not wear my makeup for 24 hours.  I always wash my makeup off before I go to bed since leaving it on for long periods of time can clog up your pores. I have found that gel liners go on smoother than liquid eye liners. Not that I have anything against liquid eye liners. I use those the most after all. However, for a gel eye liner this is the best I have found. It goes on very smooth and you do not have to fight with it like some of them.  Best of all? It comes with its own liner brush so you do not have to go out and buy your own if you do not have one. Also, it comes in 4 basic shades: Blackest Black, Brown, Charcoal, and Eggplant. On occasion you may also be able to find the older shades such as Sapphire and Forest. Here is what Blackest Black looks like after wearing it for about 24 hours.


 
 
Are there any bad things? Of course. There are always downsides to products. If you are not used to putting on liquid eye liner then you may have problems with the gel liners of any kind, not just the Mabelline. Also, when it says it stays on for 24 hours it means it. While it is great that it stays on well, it is not so great that it does not come off easily. On Mabelline's website it says that it comes off easily with their brand of makeup remover. However, I have had allergic reactions to their makeup removers and cannot use them. So, I end up having to scrub it off with the eye makeup remover that I can use. Not fun, but that is how it goes. Although it says that it can be used by people with sensitive eyes that wear contacts, if you wear it for more than about 5 hours it starts to make your eye water. At least it does for me. I have to go and touch it up to make sure that none is about to fall into my eyes or get close to my eyes period. My last problem is the brush that it comes with. I have more problems with that brush that I just gave up and started using that brush as my eye brow brush. I prefer to use a slanted eye liner brush. They work much better than the one that Mabelline provides.

Is it a good product? I would say so. It works well for what it is and it also helps if you are trying to learn how to put on liquid eye liner. It works as an in between step. Also, it stays on well and does not clump like a lot of the ones that I have tried before. It comes in the basic colours that everyone needs, but if you are looking for other shades you may have difficulty finding them. Overall, it is a great product. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to use gel eye liner. There is also enough in the pot so that it lasts a long time and you do not have to go out and buy new all the time.
 
Hope you found this helpful! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment