31 August 2013

Product Review: Sinful Colors Nail Colors

Oh My Goodness it is Product Review Time!

So, I have not done a product review in quite a while.  Some of you have sent me messages asking me why.  Well, here is the answer:  I like to actually use the product for a bit before I review it.  I want to give it a fair shot.  That means that unless I have a really bad allergic reaction to the product, and I avoid things that contain things I am allergic to like nobody’s business, I will use an entire bottle/tube/box/whatever-it-is-packaged-in before I review it.  Today I will be reviewing Sinful Colors nail colour.
A question that you may be asking is what is Nail Enamel?  Nail Enamel is similar to Nail Polish and Nail Lacquer in that they are painted on the nails.  The difference comes in how they dry.  Enamel dries from the outside in, Lacquer from the inside out, and Polish dries like regular paint in a fairly sporadic way.  There are pros and cons to each and depending on what you are doing, depends on what you want to use.  If you have all the time in the world, go for just the regular Nail Polish.  If you want a good product and do not have a lot of time for drying go with the Nail Enamel.  However, if you have a couple hours to spend on your nails then go for a Nail Lacquer.
So, what exactly is Sinful Colors?  Sinful Colors is a Nail Enamel that is made in the United States.  You can buy it at numerous stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and Walgreens.  It comes in so many different colours it is sort of ridiculous.  I have a lot of different colours.  They are known more for their ridiculously bright colours, but they also have plenty of neutral colours as well.  They also have top coats and base coats.  They also have glittery colours, mattes, pearls, and the standard cream.  They also have a new gel type nail enamel that is available only at Walgreens.  Some places also sell the Magnetic nail polish as well.  Here are some of the colours that I own.


 
Besides the wide variety of colour there are some other great things about this Nail Enamel.  First thing is that it has a relatively quick drying time even for nail enamel.  I will paint my nails and I am pretty much good to do whatever I want to in about five minutes.  Also, because of the wide variety of colours and quick drying time it makes doing nail art an easy job.  I love doing nail art with this stuff.  The colour goes on very evenly and has a very smooth consistency.  I have not any problems with the enamel running when I do my nail art.  It is not runny and it is not so thick that you cannot brush it on easily.  It makes it very easy to work with.  I have never had any problems with the brush.  On other nail products I sometimes have problems with the brushes.  Either they are too big, too small, or they fall apart and I end up with parts of the brush in my nail polish.   It is also really easy to use toothpicks or smaller brushes to do details on nail art.  In terms of price, it is fairly inexpensive.  The store where I usually buy it has it for about $2.  Once applied, I have not had a problem with it chipping even without putting a top coat on.  I work with my hands a lot so that is pretty important to me when using a nail colour.
The negatives are few on this product.  The first thing that comes to mind is that sometimes I have problems getting the blue shades off, but most blue nail polish type products.  I also find that the reds make my fingers turn red. As I am removing the red nail colours.  While I do like the all different types of nail enamels that they have the pearl colours go on a little see through.  That is not as much of a problem since it dries quickly and you can paint several layers pretty quickly.  Also, if you really like a shade you might pick up a few bottles of it because they discontinue shades to release new ones.  However, since they are not very expensive it is really easy to pick up a few bottles. 
Overall, this is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone that asks.  I do not have any major complaints compared to other nail colours.  So, if you are looking for a wide selection of colours that is amazing quality with a low price this is the product for you.  I love it.
Well, I hope you found this review informative!  I had fun trying all the different colours.  Also, the different colours have pretty fun names.  I adore this product and hope that you will too!  Below is a link to their website.

Stay lovely and beautiful everyone!

Sinful Colors on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment