28 August 2013

The Lovely Ladies that I Adore! Part Two

Hello Again Everyone!

It is time for second part of my Lovely Ladies that I Adore post.  The first part can be found by scrolling down or by clicking here.  In my first post I talked about the wonderful Wanda Ventham.  Today’s post will be about Dame Vivienne Westwood.  Yep, she’s a Dame.  How fancy!  So, on with Part Two!
For those of you who have no idea who Vivienne Westwood is: where have you been?  Under a rock?!  How do you not know who Vivienne Westwood is?  Anyways,  enough of my short questioning rant.  Vivienne Westwood is one of the most widely known English designers.  She is mostly known for her influence on Punk fashion.  For those of you who are fans of the Sex Pistols, they wore her designs a lot of the time.  This was mainly in part because she and the band’s ex-manager, Malcolm McLaren, had a clothing boutique where they sold their designs.  Gwen Stefani has worn Westwood designs and even Princess Eugenie has worn a good deal of Westwood.  For those of you who watch Sherlock on BBC, Jim Moriarty wears Westwood suits. 

So, what about this lady makes me adore her?  Well, have you actually seen a picture of her?  Here are some that I found on Pinterest.  She is the one in the front in the middle of the first picture.

 
 









Yeah, the lady is in her 70’s and she still dresses like that.  Why?  Because she is Vivienne Westwood dang it and she does not care what you think!  Here are a couple of  fairly normal pictures of her.  I also found it on Pinterest. 

 
 
 
 
 



She really is a beautiful lady and boy has she aged well too.  She is like a fantastic wine.  Vivienne Westwood has all the courage in the world when it comes to fashion.  I mean seriously would you wear that?  I would if I was a braver soul.  She wears what she wants and wears it with such confidence that everyone just seems to go along with it.  I would love to have that sort of confidence.  As it is, I am still a fairly shy person in comparison to Dame Westwood.  I adore and respect her for what she does.  She has made a statement in the fashion world and she is not going to be going anywhere soon.  Wild as her fashion is, I love it!  It is just so out there that you cannot help but look.  It draws the eye’s attention.  You cannot help it.  There is just so much colour and varying patterns that you just want to look at all of it.  It is like a sensory feast for the eyes and my eyes want to stuff themselves until they explode.
Besides her work in the world of fashion, Vivienne Westwood is an inspiration to me because of her life story.  How so?  Did you know that Dame Westwood was a Primary School teacher before making big in the fashion world?  What?!  Yes, you heard that right.  Eccentric Vivienne Westwood taught little kids.  How much fun that must have been!  I would have loved to have been one of her students.  I can just imagine her being the best teacher in the world.  She went from being as she once called herself, “a working-class girl”, to one of the most well-known fashion designers in the world.  Personally, I think that is pretty awesome.  Sure, she had some rough spots along the way like anyone else.  Hell, I have had a few rough spots in my life.  I think everyone has.  It is part of life.  Dame Westwood rose above those and still walks down the runway with her models!
In short, Dame Vivienne Westwood is an eccentric lady that has overcome the odds and made it huge in the world of fashion.  She is not afraid to be herself.  She oozes confidence and likeability.  If you walked up to her and told her you did not like her she probably would not give a damn and tell you off.  She speaks her mind about things and does not really care what people think.  Also, she is quite the activist.  She is passionately involved in the causes she believes in. So, hurray for Dame Vivienne Westwood!  I hold a great deal of respect for this lady for many things and I always will.
Well, that is it.  I hope you learned a smidge more about me and you learned some more about Vivienne Westwood.  Below is a like to her website.  Enjoy the eye feast for both men and women.  Her designs can be a bit pricy, but they are well made and worth the money.  Also, not all of the pieces are out there.  There are some that I would absolutely love to own for wearing at work on a regular basis.  I might post more about some of the people of the world that I adore, but for now, you get these two lovely ladies.
Until next time!  Stay lovely and classy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment