04 November 2013

Things I'm Thankful For! Day Four

It is time for day four of the Things I'm Thankful For challenge!

Part of me feels like I am cheating on this post since it is kind of two for the price of one, but I find it rather hard to separate these two people that I am thankful for.  I am very thankful for the amazing pastor that we have at the church I go to and his wonderful wife! 

Pastor Waterloo is the complete opposite of me when it comes to the temperaments that I talked about yesterday, he says that he is a sanguine.  Yeah, he has talked about that in one of his sermons.  Anyway, when I was a little kid I was very inquisitive and would have a bunch of questions for him after church.  He always answered any questions that I had about something he talked about in the sermon or something from the shows that I watched with my parents on TV about religion.  Not once did he treat me like I was a nascence for asking questions like so many people did.  I really admire him and am very thankful that he is the pastor at the church I go to.  A lot of other pastors that I have talked to in my various travels have been fairly unfriendly since I did not belong to their church.  Pastor Waterloo has always been very happy and friendly towards everyone!  I have never known anyone that has said one bad thing about him.

Pastor Waterloo's wife is an amazing woman!  She is sort of a what you see is what you get lady and I think that is great!  Some of the wives of pastors that I have met in the past have seemed rather unsociable and only want to talk to the top earners of the church.  Ms. Brenda is nothing like that.  She will talk to pretty much anyone in the church and despite my occasional anxiety around people, I have no problem going up to talk to her.  She plays the piano for our church and she is really good at it.  She also sings wonderfully.  However, she is not your stereotypical "pastor's wife" type of person.  She is very friendly and is willing to help you out if she can.  I do not think I have ever seen her without a smile on her face.  She taught a lady's evening class for a while that has, from what I have been told, has been put a hold until after all of the holidays.  It was such a fun class.  I admire her a lot.

So, there you have it!  Day four is complete. 

Until next time!

Stay wonderful and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment