06 November 2013

Things I'm Thankful For! Day Six

Good evening everyone!

Today has been sort of hectic and I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I started the day with no internet connection.  Also, I woke up two hours before I was supposed to and could not for the life of me go back to sleep.  Anyway, time for today's post!  This one will be a bit longer because there is a story behind it.

I am thankful for this adorable ball of fur!  Her name is Daphne or Caligula when she is being bad.


In case you cannot tell, that is a cat.  A Norsk Skogkatt to be exact.  For the English speakers out there that would be Norwegian Forest Cat or, as they are sometimes called,  a Wegie Cat.  Here is a picture of her face.



She is my second cat.  My first cat was named Oscar and he died of old age when I was at college.  We found him in an empty aquarium in our garage.  Our garage had a whole in it at that time and the mama cat got in and had her babies in the empty aquarium.  He was the last one of the litter and we decided to keep him.  After he died I did not have a cat for about a year because my parents had two cats at home.  Well, my dad's cat is really fat had hard to pet because he wiggles around and is so heavy it is hard to keep him on your lap to pet because of his wiggling and weight.  My mom's cat on the other hand, is a Russian Blue that hates everyone except my mom and my niece Annie.  I did not really have a cat that was mine anymore.

I had always wanted a really fluffy cat and when I found one at the Central Oklahoma Humane Society I thought she was just so beautiful that I had to have her.  The problem was that another family wanted her and had looked at her earlier that day and they lived in the Oklahoma City area.  I live two hours away and had no idea if she would still be there when I got there.  So, I got in my car and took of for OKC on my day off from work and school.  On the way there I was on the phone with my mother while she filled out the questionnaire to adopt her and emailed it to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society in hopes that it would secure her for me.

By the time that I got there she was still there.  I was taken back to the "kitten room" where the kittens are kept to play with each other.  She was a tiny little thing and mostly fur.  I signed the paperwork, paid her adoption fee, purchased her a collar and some toys, and then put her in my cat carrier to bring her home with me.  For a long time I had no idea what kind of cat she was and nobody could really tell me anything about her apart from what I had learned about her at the Central Oklahoma Humane Society.  After doing a lot of research I have learned that she is a Norsk Skogkatt.

You are probably wondering why I am thankful for her.  Well, here is the simple reason.  She keeps me pretty happy.  She is a lovable and ridiculously friendly cat that will sit on my lap and "help" me do lots of different things.  She also enjoys editing my novels.

 
There you go, day six is done.  Some of you all might think it is a strange thing to be thankful for, but I really do not care.  I love and am thankful for my Caligula Kitty Daphne.
 
Until next time!
 
Stay lovely and beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment